Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Work is Just That

I got to retire just over 8 years ago, and have enjoyed every minute of it. Sure, I've been busy, traveled around the country for several years in an RV, found a little house in a little town and rebuilt it, played on the computer, got to read lots, took up woodworking, but....

A friend of ours bought a restaurant and is completely renovating it. The cook didn't work out so a friend and neighbor (who was mentoring the cook) took over until a new cook is found. Guess who is helping out with the cooking for a little while. Thought you'd guess. So now two nights a week and maybe a few days for lunch, I have another job.

Right now it's fun, but it is still work.

In addition, I have been helping the lady who helped me build on the back of the house. She's building a house, and we've been roofing.

So... work is just that. WORK

3 comments:

Dawn Fine said...

Oh how fun...I wish we were closer..we would pop over for some home cookin!

Lilli & Nevada said...

Well sounds like you will be staying out of trouble then. LOL

Walker said...

I'm thinking about retirement. Good post. It helps me.

Wine and Food Pairings