Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Skywatch Friday - Big Bend National Park





Skywatch Friday, for February 27

These are some shots from Big Bend National Park, just
south of us here in Marathon. It is absolutely beautiful
and very interesting.


The terrain is quite varied, and most different
types of geological formation can be found.



We've been on geology tours of the park, and there's
no way I can remember all the different formations.


This park forms a part of the US border with Mexico
and is very rugged. It should be on everyone's
list of places to visit.

For more worldwide views of beautiful skies, visit
Skywatch Friday.
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely - the shots are amazing. Geological formations are really fascinating. Thanks for being our tour guide.

Sylvia K said...

These are beautiful and dramatic shots and they brought back a lot of memories -- I grew up in west Texas and visited Big Bend a lot. Thanks for sharing!

Louise said...

I LOVE places like this. It will go on my list for sure!

FO - 2 said...

Beautiful series.
I would love to visit, if I colud. :)

Champ Townboy said...

Love these shots!

Unknown said...

It seems very desolate and beautiful at the same time.

Dawn Fine said...

Howdee Jim,
That is most definitely on our list...and we may be there next spring...hopefully...

Kim said...

So pretty. I really like the first one.

angela said...

Beautiful sky shots and the scenery is simply stunning.

Don Wood said...

Wow blue sky nice geology I like it living on the coast we have chalk cliffs and you can see all the different layers when the weather picks up enought to get my electric scooter out I will post some shots XXX Don

Lori Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing these photos. I've never been but hope to go someday. Happy Skywatching!
Lori Lynn

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the great comments. The park is fantastic, even if a little (or a lot) remote.

Arija said...

Beautiful scenery and rock formations.

Anonymous said...

Trying to do a little "catch-up" on my blog reads. Beautiful pictures and an awesome looking place. Thanks for having me Jim

Wine and Food Pairings